-- Merchant Submarine ?

PC/MAC : Commander the Great War is the latest release in the popular Commander series to bring the thrill, excitement and mind-breaking decision making of these difficult times to life.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

-- Merchant Submarine ?

Post by operating »

Robotron or anybody that has knowledge about this event:

OK, here's what I am understanding: I believe that this type of submarine can supply land units of all types. The script does not expressly say that, however "Merchant Submarine" sounds eerily close to "Merchant Fleet". Can anybody tell myself and others if there is any advantage to having the Merchant Submarine Event other than it's increased defense rating. In all my MP and SP games I have never seen this event. I do see USA mentioned in this event it maybe a USA event only, or could it apply to other factions?

-- Merchant Submarine
function MerchantSubmarine(unit, hex)
if GetEvent("MerchantSubmarine") == 0 then
if unit.faction.alliance.id == 2 and unit.prototype.name == "submarine" then
local usa = game:GetFactionById(10)
if usa.alliance.id ~= 1 then
local hexes = game.map:GetHexesInRange(hex, 1)
for _, adjacent in pairs(hexes) do
if adjacent.construction ~= nil and adjacent.construction.type == Construction.TYPE_PORT and adjacent.construction.city.hex.originalFaction.id == 10 and HasUnitTech(unit, "submarine_cruiser") then
SetEvent("MerchantSubmarine", game.turn, adjacent, unit.faction.alliance)
unit.faction:ConsumeProductionPoints(-30)
if usa.alliance.id == 0 then
ChangeFactionAlignment(usa, unit.faction.alliance, 2)
end
if unit.faction.alliance.id == playerAlliance.id then
ui.resourcesPanel:Refresh()
end
end
end
end
end
end
end
Robotron
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Re: -- Merchant Submarine ?

Post by Robotron »

If USA is still neutral and a CP submarine reaches an USA port the CP nation owning that submarine will gain 30 production points and USA alignment will shift 2 points in favor of CP.
Slitherine's Commander the Great War - Director's Cut: POTZBLITZ mod!
FIND IT HERE: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=218&t=77884&p=662610#p662610
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

Robotron wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:34 am If USA is still neutral and a CP submarine reaches an USA port the CP nation owning that submarine will gain 30 production points and USA alignment will shift 2 points in favor of CP.
Thanks Robotron for your time.. :wink:

This event seems to specify having a submarine cruiser vs just any submarine to accomplish this event, or any submarine will do providing that faction has the submarine cruiser tech, which Is that correct? Also does it have to be "in" the port, or adjacient to a port? It's a weird event for it takes a gazillion turns to reach the submarine cruiser tech if ever in most matches. I gather if the USA and CP are at war this event can not happen, correct?

Thanks
Robotron

Post by Robotron »

The submarine must have been equipped with the submarine cruiser tech. Being adjacent to a port is enough.
USA not having joined the Entente is a prerequisite, meaning that, if theoretically USA had joined CP, the event would still trigger. :P
Slitherine's Commander the Great War - Director's Cut: POTZBLITZ mod!
FIND IT HERE: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=218&t=77884&p=662610#p662610

Return to “Commander - The Great War”