OttomanBulgarianAlliance ?

PC/MAC : Commander the Great War is the latest release in the popular Commander series to bring the thrill, excitement and mind-breaking decision making of these difficult times to life.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

OttomanBulgarianAlliance ?

Post by operating »

It's turn 50 MP.....OE had surrendered several turns ago (to the Russians and English), Now the English DOW on OE or Bulgaria causing the Defense Pack event to trigger, yet they do not show as allies to CP. Does anybody (Robotron) have an answer as to why? nor, Is there any of their units showing up on the minimap. 2 or 3 turns ago the Entente (DOW) invaded the Netherlands, the Netherlands went on the CP side of the ledger, but OE and Bulgaria did not.
-- Turkey or Bulgaria attacked
function OttomanBulgarianAlliance(attacker, defender)
-- Attacked by Entente
if GetEvent("OttomanBulgarianAlliance1") == 0 then
if attacker.id == 1 then
if defender.id == 5 then
local bulgaria = game:GetFactionById(19)
if bulgaria.alliance.id == 0 then
SetEvent("OttomanBulgarianAlliance1", game.turn)
SetEvent("OttomanBulgarianAlliance2", -1)
SetEvent("DOWbulgaria", -1)
SetFactionAlignment(bulgaria.id, 0.1)
end
end
if defender.id == 19 then
local turkey = game:GetFactionById(5)
if turkey.alliance.id == 0 then
SetEvent("OttomanBulgarianAlliance1", game.turn)
SetEvent("OttomanBulgarianAlliance2", -1)
SetEvent("DOWturkey", -1)
SetFactionAlignment(turkey.id, 0.1)
end
end
end
end
-- Attacked by Central Powers
if GetEvent("OttomanBulgarianAlliance2") == 0 then
if attacker.id == 2 then
if defender.id == 5 then
local bulgaria = game:GetFactionById(19)
if bulgaria.alliance.id == 0 then
SetEvent("OttomanBulgarianAlliance2", game.turn)
SetEvent("OttomanBulgarianAlliance1", -1)
SetEvent("DOWbulgaria", -1)
SetFactionAlignment(bulgaria.id, 99.9)
end
end
if defender.id == 19 then
local turkey = game:GetFactionById(5)
if turkey.alliance.id == 0 then
SetEvent("OttomanBulgarianAlliance2", game.turn)
SetEvent("OttomanBulgarianAlliance1", -1)
SetEvent("DOWturkey", -1)
SetFactionAlignment(turkey.id, 99.9)
end
end
end
end
end
Robotron
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Re: OttomanBulgarianAlliance ?

Post by Robotron »

Now the English DOW on OE or Bulgaria
According to the script the DOWed nation should immediately join the enemy, the other nation will follow next turn.
Slitherine's Commander the Great War - Director's Cut: POTZBLITZ mod!
FIND IT HERE: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=218&t=77884&p=662610#p662610
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

Robotron wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:45 pm
According to the script the DOWed nation should immediately join the enemy, the other nation will follow next turn.
It's been 2 turns now since the Defense Pack was evoked, OE's last capital Constantinople has been captured, none of which I can see happening on the map. Yes I can click a hex to see ownership or change of ownershp such as Constantinople. I have no idea what forces are in the region, nor does the map display any information in these nations regions (bird's eye view). It's strangely odd. Next turn I'll do an extended zoom out to where the whole map is color coded by alliances. I know it's not your problem Robotron, you are better at figuring things out than most. Thank you
Robotron

Post by Robotron »

Well, if OE has no more capitals it can no longer join the war no matter what, pact or not.

I'll have to rewrite that event for my mod so the event will no longer apply if either Bulgaria or Turkey are unable to wage war.
FIND IT HERE: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=218&t=77884&p=662610#p662610
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

That's part of the reason why I brought up this oddity..! In the years playing this game the Defense Pack may have only been invoked twice. IIRC Bulgaria did go CP the first time, it was quite awhile ago. We had no pbem last night, expect to have turns tonight between 7-9 pm est. for ability to take SSs. As of right now, I do not think my opponent is aware I have no control of Bulgaria and OE. Tonight's chat should be interesting.. :wink:
Robotron

Post by Robotron »

Keep it up with you AARs at Matrix, be sure I'm reading every update. However, I DO think there are more active CTGW fans here at Slitherene.

Right now I'm playtesting my mod with user Argentum in the PotzBlitz thread to find the cause of the MP crashes.
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

You are absolutely right there are more CTGW fans here, however I find that posting SSs (larger ones than Slitherine) at Matrix a heck of a lot easier, besides I think the over-all format at Matrix is better IMHO. Like you, I follow the Potzblitz posts. :wink:
Robotron

Post by Robotron »

Well, uploading pictures here is not THAT difficult. Just use the "Full Editor" option on the bottom of the reply box.

Then just click on the "Attachments" option and choose "add files".

If your screenshots are too large, consider using a tool like Irfanview to resize them.
https://www.irfanview.com/
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

Part of what is happening on the above question is: My opponent has DOW OE (who has already surrendered) again, then taking hexes , cities, whatever, then at the end of his turn OE offers to surrender again, which my opponent "accepts", then does this shick (I do not know what shick means? but you get the message) all over again the next turn and so on. Bulgaria shows a red 1 after the Defense Pack was evoked, before it was a red 3-5. Now my lovely opponent has armies hugging the Bulgarian border (my guess). Why the Bulgarians did not activate? Is a huge question to me? The extended zoom of the map colors Bulgaria as a neutral (don't worry I took a SS).
Robotron

Post by Robotron »

Bob, you said your match is around turn 38 or whatnot and your AAR is at turn 9...I've no clue what exactly happened in between.

I'm literally fighting on multiple fronts right now:
playing MP with Argentum to find out bugs, editing my mod to fix those bugs, preparing a new write-up of all the new features, answering your questions about vanilla etc.

Gimme a break, I feel a bit strained right now.
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

Robotron wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:45 pm

This is what everybody has to understand: Bulgaria is at red 1 expecting to join OE next turn, however if OE has surrendered in the interum, then Bulgaria has no reason to join the fight, thus stays neutral. If the Defense Pack between OE and Bulgaria activates those countries to enter the war simultaneous, instead of a staggered joining the war would remedy the abuse of this Defensive Pack.

Should add: If DOW is against Bulgaria "first" instead of OE to trigger Defensive Pack, that would guarantee the entering of Bulgaria to the war, regardless of what OE does.

Return to “Commander - The Great War”