Helsinki...?

PC/MAC : Commander the Great War is the latest release in the popular Commander series to bring the thrill, excitement and mind-breaking decision making of these difficult times to life.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Re: Helsinki...?

Post by operating »

Helsinki was captured (although bombed into rubble), sure enough no event triggered..!

Yes nehi, I did interpret your post incorrectly and did not realize it till the nano-second after clicking submit post, while rereading your post. I'm sure that in at least one match played you got the October Revolution before 1917, it certainly has happened during at least one match for myself (as Russia)and for an opponent.
Robotron
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by Robotron »

It is impossible to get the October Revolution before 1917, the event script strictly forbids this.

Your memory must be failing.
Slitherine's Commander the Great War - Director's Cut: POTZBLITZ mod!
FIND IT HERE: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=218&t=77884&p=662610#p662610
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

Turn 52 June 1916 in the opnn vs operating match AAR (which I just checked on) Russia surrendered. During replay or the opening of my turn "The Russian October Event" flashed on the screen, I'm pretty darn sure of it, unless my memory is playing tricks on me, followed by the Russian Surrender offer. I even posted at that time that I had missed the opportunity to immortalize the surrender offer, it happened so unexpecting and quickly that I jumped on the accepting surrender offer without ever thinking about it (not taking a screenshot). You only have my word that the Revolution happened, I have no proof of it...
Robotron

Post by Robotron »

I did a tool-assisted deep search of the scripts for any occurrences of the October Revolution event to be mentioned or triggered.

The search returned only 1 occurrence and that is the one mentioned in the event script.

I don't know how your case is even possible, unless my data from an original non-steam V1.6.6 install differs from yours.

Maybe it's caused by the steam version of the 1.6.6 game differing from the non-steam 1.6.6. version.
FIND IT HERE: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=218&t=77884&p=662610#p662610
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

Robtron: …..I have no doubt about your IT integrity, however I am not someone to make up stories. Admittingly I have been wrong about certain issues in the past, I'm not without faults, I'm only human and yes I do have a non-Steam game version purchased late December 2012 or early January 2013 from Matrix, which might explain my joining the Matrix forum at that time as dated under my avatar.. January 2013 . Another event that occurs during replay but not on my turn is: The surrender of Belgium, sometimes I get the event on my start of turn, sometimes I do not, which is kinda odd.
Robotron

Post by Robotron »

I take it your version of the game is of V1.6.6, yes?
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

Robotron wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:50 pm I take it your version of the game is of V1.6.6, yes?
Of course.. It should be the same as all who go MP. I'll check to be sure by firing up the game, then check there. If I am not mistaken 1.6.6 shows up as 1.60. I'll be back in a short moment .

OK, update says I have the most current version.
Robotron

Post by Robotron »

operating wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:48 pm If I am not mistaken 1.6.6 shows up as 1.60. I'll be back in a short moment .
1.6.6 should show 1.6.6, NOT 1.60
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

Just went back to game credits, it's 1.6.6, I did not look there earlier.

Return to “Commander - The Great War”