Dreadnaughts

PC/MAC : Commander the Great War is the latest release in the popular Commander series to bring the thrill, excitement and mind-breaking decision making of these difficult times to life.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Dreadnaughts

Post by operating »

Here is another change I did not realize to dreadnaughts: If your dreadnaught is sunk it's -20 NM (it used to be -30 NM)……………….If you dismantled your own dreadnaught it's -30 NM.
Robotron
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Re: Dreadnaughts

Post by Robotron »

It's meant to penalize players who want to reduce upkeep cost and gain a short burst of PP.
Slitherine's Commander the Great War - Director's Cut: POTZBLITZ mod!
FIND IT HERE: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=218&t=77884&p=662610#p662610
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

Robotron wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:43 am It's meant to penalize players who want to reduce upkeep cost and gain a short burst of PP.
Yes, I'm not a fan of dismantleing, although (as playing as CP) usually playing as CP I'm on the losing end of the stick and as a last resort dismantle everything naval (including labs) if I have no PP left. Even in my worst games never dismantle dreadnaughts, although I do see where some players dismantle their fleets (either side) and labs early on to gain an advantage on an unwittingly opponent. That's what I call "sandbagging".
nehi
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by nehi »

operating wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:23 pm That's what I call "sandbagging".
keeping full fleet as cp, thats what i call suiciding
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

nehi wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:20 pm
operating wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:23 pm That's what I call "sandbagging".
keeping full fleet as cp, thats what i call suiciding
nehi, I see your arguement and believe it has merit (either side), although I do not agree with it. It would only be fair if a player announced their intentions of dismantling before actually doing so, could be one way to handle it. When I see an abnormal amount of infantry, ect. I know the match has been skewed, in otherwords manipulated. For the most part I am a traditional player, that's my approach to the game, perhaps that' why I lose so often. I've experienced what I call: "The nehi Effect". The problem with this "nehi Effect" is that many, if not all adopt his style of play (they had no choice but to do so), which completely throws the better qualities of the game off and scares off competion except the nieve that unknowingly march off to find complete choas awaiting them. Then all the MP players wonder what happened to a vibrant MP lobby? Many of these new players got burnt so bad they never come back again, thus destroying the game from a small deminishing group of MP players. Back in the 2013 to 2015s I used to have as many 20 MP matches going at the same time, many of which would drop off in short order, that's just the way it is. I was totally in love with the game..!! But then I started seeing this new style of play (The nehi Effect) I noticed a dramatic drop in MP interest, many members did not want anything to do with it, what they wanted was a traditional game. As for myself MP became a "turn-off" and started to walk away from a game I loved so much, to where I was done with it, I was truely very sad doing so.
nehi

Post by nehi »

its just compensation for disbanding all small garrisons, which is the real evil

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 02&t=66941

entente is such overpowered, that just unrestricted warfare is givin cp some hope, but still it needs to be lightning fast

maybe u havent noticed, but the game is abandoned by developers since 2015

Return to “Commander - The Great War”