Apple killed CTGW

PC/MAC : Commander the Great War is the latest release in the popular Commander series to bring the thrill, excitement and mind-breaking decision making of these difficult times to life.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

parasxos
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

So iPad support is dead for this game?

Post by parasxos »

I've read in another topic that iPad won't get further support because the game is 32bit.. is it worth getting the game for iPad (is discounted at the moment)
nehi
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Re: So iPad support is dead for this game?

Post by nehi »

support lives, but developing is finished for both

unfortunately pc version is 1.66, but ipad just 1.64, which causes some problems in corssplatform multiplayer

ipad to ipad or vs ai its not such great problem
AEWHistory
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Apple killed CTGW

Post by AEWHistory »

Well, that’s all she wrote folks. I had just started some MP games, but while I slept my iPad updated to the newest IOS
Version and now this game and Pike and Shot won’t run. Actually, I’m not keen to find out just how many of my games, and how much money, has been lost to Apple forcing this upgrade. Right now I am not a happy user.... :cry:
AEWHistory
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Apple killed CTGW

Post by AEWHistory »

As an additional note, my apologies to those with whom I recently started MP games. It appears that I won’t be able to continue. This sucks. But for any iPad users who still love these games, DO NOT UPDATE IOS!!!!

In re to the now unusable games, will there ever be a patch to make these game usable again? Is that possible? I figure this is a 32 and 64 bit issue and not a simple programming bug, but I have to ask. What other iPad games are going the way of the dodo?
Last edited by AEWHistory on Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nehi

Post by nehi »

AEWHistory wrote:As an additional note, my apologies to those with whom I recently started MP games. It appears that I won’t be able to continue. This sucks. But for any iPad users who still love these games, DO NOT UPDATE IOS!!!!

In re to the now unusable games, will there ever be a patch to make these game usable again? Is that possible? and 64 bit issue and not a simple programming bug, but I have to ask. What other iPad games are going the way of the dodo?

there is no way back? maybe good time to finally leave that sect :lol:
AEWHistory
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by AEWHistory »

Not that I know of. I haven’t kept up with my iPad backups or that might have been an option ive read about. As it is I am stuck with iOS 11. I’m so mad! I’ve lost two games and I just know there will be more.

Btw, I agree. This might be the end of my love affair with the iPad. It has always been so easy to use, but damn I hate losing software that I’ve paid for.
Emoni
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: So iPad support is dead for this game?

Post by Emoni »

nehi wrote:support lives, but developing is finished for both

unfortunately pc version is 1.66, but ipad just 1.64, which causes some problems in corssplatform multiplayer

ipad to ipad or vs ai its not such great problem
Seems this is certainly untrue now that support has not been provided in updating the game even though there were years of notice to update. Deeply disappointing.
cicciopastic
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by cicciopastic »

cant belive ... i was waiting for an update .... i want my game back ... very ... very upsetting!

Return to “Commander - The Great War”