Cp really underpowered

PC/MAC : Commander the Great War is the latest release in the popular Commander series to bring the thrill, excitement and mind-breaking decision making of these difficult times to life.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

nehi
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Re: Cp really underpowered

Post by nehi »

tyro wrote:I just realized that even if you get France to surrender you are not assured victory. Russia and the Brits are still their so you have to rush forces around and pray the British player isn't experienced enough to invade Netherlands. All those British planes make my blood freeze. Also lol to Bulgaria #will join by Christmas
so where are u, young padawan? :lol:

i almost lost for the first time as entente vs opnn, fortunately he let me breathe, when he followed legacy of hannibal and crossed the alps on his way to rome (i lost paris and whole france in like no time, 15 turns or so, i tought 15 is minimum, but most likely its maximum france can survive)

but 1914 is quite even scenario, im still undecided which side is stronger, it really depends on cp quickness
zajcev169
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by zajcev169 »

I played both version 1.5.x and now 1.6.6 at normal difficulty.

In 1.5.x the AI seemed stronger as it seemed to have extra free units (most visible for Russia). Small countries could have quite a lot of upkeep free units which helped countries like Serbia, Turkey. Little Serbia could give serious trouble to novice player. As CP, Turkey could build many units and easily invade mainland Russia as Russia underestimated that front. Since unit repairs were expensive (1 production point for 1 health), it was very important to keep hitting the AI at places where I had advantage so that AI keeps healing units. Germany was underpowered and was hit hard by Russia and German transports had only little health, easily torpedoed.

In 1.6.6 the game seems more realistic - also small countries have upkeep, Turkey is weaker, Russia is weaker, CP mediterranean fleet is weaker. Tanks are now useful. Garrisons have weaker defense. Overall the game feels better. Since AI doesn't seem to have unit advantage anymore, only rail transport advantage the game also seems easier. If I had to make any changes then make upkeep of air units higher (or upkeep increase with each new unit) and have artilery consume fewer ammo.

In both versions as CP I always managed to win the naval war and sink every allied ship. In early games I just went for brute force and kept hammering british fleet until it was gone, later I started using single garrison in boat as bait with my ships just in range. The AI would sink the boat and its ships then get sunk.

It's a simple game but if you keep playing you get better.
nehi

Post by nehi »

zajcev169 wrote:I played both version 1.5.x and now 1.6.6 at normal difficulty.

It's a simple game but if you keep playing you get better.
ai is worthless, i was talking about mp

actually i dont believe ai is better in 1.5, but it has more production points there, so its weakness shows later
AEWHistory
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by AEWHistory »

nehi wrote:
tyro wrote:The problem is cp has 0 options. They HAVE to go into France. You seem to forget Russia was a crumbling empire and was already weak when the war started.they also were completely unable to gain ground vs Turks. British are also much stronger than I believe they would be historically. Cp has 0 hope of winning the naval war and even if they miraculously did they sink just a few convoys and USA instantly pissed off
cp never had other option, 2 major fronts = dead end

u forget there were like no german army, gumbinnen

later at tanneberg russia lost almost whole regular army but fought until bolsheviks backstab uprising in 1917

in 1915 they made advance in ah territories

u cant break 170 000 000 empire with just few millions invaders

two major forces of their times failed there, napoleonic france and wehrmacht
You forgot the Swedish invasion when Russia was ruled by Peter the Great. This is actually the invasions that set the tone for the other two.

Return to “Commander - The Great War”