Embraking units

PC/MAC : Commander the Great War is the latest release in the popular Commander series to bring the thrill, excitement and mind-breaking decision making of these difficult times to life.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

ivanov
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Embraking units

Post by ivanov »

Another beginners question. I'm trying to embark units but I can't seem to get it done. I click on the unit in a port and then on the sea hex with a anchor. An arrow appears just like during the regular movement, then I click on the sea hex again but nothing happens. How should it be done?

Thanks
Mickey Mouse

\m/ \m/
nehi
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Re: Embraking units

Post by nehi »

ivanov wrote:Another beginners question. I'm trying to embark units but I can't seem to get it done. I click on the unit in a port and then on the sea hex with a anchor. An arrow appears just like during the regular movement, then I click on the sea hex again but nothing happens. How should it be done?

Thanks
it needs to be in city with port, there u can embark

disembark is possible anywhere, surface ships can fully supply coastal hexes like moving capitals
Last edited by nehi on Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ivanov

Post by ivanov »

nehi wrote: it needs to be in city with port, there u can embark

disembark is possible anywhere, surfrace ships can fully supply coastal hexes like moving capitals
I do have the unit in a port and there are spare nation's transport capacity points. I'm assuming that to embark one unit, one TC point is sufficient? So I'm clicking on the sea hex, but nothing happens.
Mickey Mouse

\m/ \m/
nehi

Post by nehi »

ivanov wrote:
nehi wrote: it needs to be in city with port, there u can embark

disembark is possible anywhere, surfrace ships can fully supply coastal hexes like moving capitals
I do have the unit in a port and there are spare nation's transport capacity points. I'm assuming that to embark one unit, one TC point is sufficient? So I'm clicking on the sea hex, but nothing happens.
of course, i forgot that, as i tought u havent embark any unit, 1 point is needed (and enough) to embark (no matter which kind) unit

disembarked give back point, which is available in next turn to embark next unit
ivanov

Post by ivanov »

OK, I think I know what the problem was. I was trying to embark small garrisons and they don't have enough movement points for that.
Mickey Mouse

\m/ \m/
nehi

Post by nehi »

ivanov wrote:OK, I think I know what the problem was. I was trying to embark small garrisons and they don't have enough movement points for that.
small garrisons are just city garrisons, not designed for much movings, escpecially amphibious :D
ivanov

Post by ivanov »

nehi wrote:
ivanov wrote:OK, I think I know what the problem was. I was trying to embark small garrisons and they don't have enough movement points for that.
small garrisons are just city garrisons, not designed for much movings, escpecially amphibious :D

I suppose so but I was just testing the mechanics of embarking. The manual doesn't specify that there're some units that cannot be embarked.
Mickey Mouse

\m/ \m/
nehi

Post by nehi »

ivanov wrote:I suppose so but I was just testing the mechanics of embarking. The manual doesn't specify that there're some units that cannot be embarked.
manual is to former version/s, small garrisons are one of later pointless improvements trying to help ai

i guess manual is far from some current ingame mechanics, like morale drops
ivanov

Post by ivanov »

nehi wrote:
manual is to former version/s, small garrisons are one of later pointless improvements trying to help ai

i guess manual is far from some current ingame mechanics, like morale drops
Is there any up to date resource with the list of the current mechanics and changes?
Mickey Mouse

\m/ \m/
nehi

Post by nehi »

ivanov wrote:Is there any up to date resource with the list of the current mechanics and changes?
yes, hes called robotron :lol:
Robotron
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by Robotron »

@nehi: how flattering, but besides the aforementioned introduction of Small Garrisons nothing comes to my mind right now.
Slitherine's Commander the Great War - Director's Cut: POTZBLITZ mod!
FIND IT HERE: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=218&t=77884&p=662610#p662610
nehi

Post by nehi »

Robotron wrote:@nehi: how flattering, but besides the aforementioned introduction of Small Garrisons nothing comes to my mind right now.
droping morale is completely different, i remember in 1.5x i had like to anihilate any nation to force em to surrender, in 1.6x its just like piece of cake

some units have different stats, building time, cost of refilling (huge difference)... upkeep for every single unit, dont except small garrison
Robotron

Post by Robotron »

@nehi: you seem to have a great knowledge about the game's various iterations. So if you have any concrete numbers of values that were changed, feel free to post a comprehensive list up to V1.6.6. :mrgreen:
Slitherine's Commander the Great War - Director's Cut: POTZBLITZ mod!
FIND IT HERE: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=218&t=77884&p=662610#p662610
nehi

Post by nehi »

Robotron wrote:@nehi: you seem to have a great knowledge about the game's various iterations. So if you have any concrete numbers of values that were changed, feel free to post a comprehensive list up to V1.6.6. :mrgreen:
i know just what i need to know, precisely, just suspect more than exactly know...

whatsnew.pdf in game directory

there are noticed changes, even faulty ones, like 60 turns in 1918 scenario :lol:
ivanov

Post by ivanov »

Since you're explaining me stuff;) I've noticed that some of the possible movement hexes of units with commanders attached, are indicated with red stripes, instead of white dots. What does it mean?
Mickey Mouse

\m/ \m/
nehi

Post by nehi »

ivanov wrote:Since you're explaining me stuff;) I've noticed that some of the possible movement hexes of units with commanders attached, are indicated with red stripes, instead of white dots. What does it mean?
these hexes are under influence of some commander, in 1.6x any commander has reach of 2

influences dont stack

red stripes are for cp, green for entente
ivanov

Post by ivanov »

nehi wrote:
these hexes are under influence of some commander, in 1.6x any commander has reach of 2

influences dont stack

red stripes are for cp, green for entente
Thanks, for the info! There's no mention about it in the manual.

Is there any way to highlight the supply that the particular hexes provide or you just have to follow the general guidelines of not venturing too far from the supply sources?
Mickey Mouse

\m/ \m/
nehi

Post by nehi »

ivanov wrote:Is there any way to highlight the supply that the particular hexes provide or you just have to follow the general guidelines of not venturing too far from the supply sources?
i dont know any, but usually when there is some connection to capital, its fully supplied

sometemies when ottomans lose one capital, even units connected to the second one are just half supplied, cause are too far (but its only situtation it happened to me in mp games)

minor/fortress is able to provide just half supply

surface ships fully suply nearby costal hexes, but once unit go deeper inland or not just nearby to any surface ship, its completely out of supply when there is no connection to any city

Return to “Commander - The Great War”