List of Events

PC/MAC : Commander the Great War is the latest release in the popular Commander series to bring the thrill, excitement and mind-breaking decision making of these difficult times to life.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

Yote
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

List of Events

Post by Yote »

Does anyone have a list of all the possible events that might pop up in this game? A friend of mine has started playing this game, and wants to be prepared for what might happen.
nehi
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Re: List of Events

Post by nehi »

Yote wrote:Does anyone have a list of all the possible events that might pop up in this game? A friend of mine has started playing this game, and wants to be prepared for what might happen.
absolutely no need for that

except one, which is firing gas first
Last edited by nehi on Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

Yote wrote:Does anyone have a list of all the possible events that might pop up in this game? A friend of mine has started playing this game, and wants to be prepared for what might happen.
Hello yote,
To find events go to OS/program filesx86/Slitherine/CTGW/data/Scripts/Games/game events .... (double click each step). Mind you this is for vanilla, it might be different for mod...
Merry Christmas, Bob
Yote

Post by Yote »

operating wrote:Hello yote,
To find events go to OS/program filesx86/Slitherine/CTGW/data/Scripts/Games/game events .... (double click each step). Mind you this is for vanilla, it might be different for mod...
Merry Christmas, Bob
Danke schön!
Robotron
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by Robotron »

@Yote: If you have any questions about what specific events actually do, feel free to ask.
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

Robotron wrote:@Yote: If you have any questions about what specific events actually do, feel free to ask.
Hello Robotron..!
I'm not Yote, however I do have a question to ask about events: What I don't see in the lua files is any indication of a ally NM loss when Belgium surrenders. Do you see this event any different?
Thanks, Bob :)
nehi

Post by nehi »

i dont see it, but i smell it, its something like 5-7% :lol:
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

nehi wrote:i dont see it, but i smell it, its something like 5-7% :lol:
I think so too, but I'm trying to find something "concrete" that spells it out in the scripts. :wink:
Robotron

Post by Robotron »

Strangely enough there's no hard-coded morale penalty for the surrender of Belgium (but for Serbia it's 10).
nehi

Post by nehi »

Robotron wrote:Strangely enough there's no hard-coded morale penalty for the surrender of Belgium (but for Serbia it's 10).
interesting, if u remember my experiment with empty russian cities

serbia did at least -13% (together with minsk they did -16%)

i disbanded all ground units west from dnepro in first turn, no drop, on top of that +2% growth
turns 2,3,4 nothing lost, no change
5th chisnau lost -1%
6th odessa lost -3%
7th smolensk lost + reaction on romania and/or belgium (it happend both at once) surrendering -7%
8th minsk lost + serbia surrendered -16%
9,10,11 nothing lost, no change
12th lost riga, vinnytsia and gomel -3%
13th lost bryansk -3%
14th lost pskov -4%
15th lost talin -3%
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

Robotron wrote:Strangely enough there's no hard-coded morale penalty for the surrender of Belgium (but for Serbia it's 10).
So to be perfectly clear: "There is no NM penalty to allies when Belgium surrenders", in other words "if Belgium goes neutral it affects no one but Belgium", even the conquering nation (usually Germany) does not get an NM benefit either. It just seems like there is something missing here... :?
Robotron

Post by Robotron »

Morale also gets modified by army size in combination with army performance: the bigger the army the greater the effect of good or bad army performance (kills/casualitites ratio).

Also loss of pp by city loss or loss of pp by (strategic) attacks on a city does lower morale. The higher the pp value and the higher the percent value according to the nation's total amount of pp the higher the loss. For example Sofia alone holds 18 of a total of 29 of Bulgaria's pp spread over only three cities. Losing any of these cities will cause a significant drop of morale caused by pp loss alone. In contrast Russia has a much higher total of pp spread over dozens of cities, so any pp loss will affect its morale not nearly as much.

Almost all capitals, some major cities and fortresses also have a hard-coded additional morale penalty on top of that which usally is shown via an "XYZ...captured" event.

Hope this helps.
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

Here's another event that drives me buggy: Originally the game had convoys of 3-4 or so strength in size for CP, and similar or maybe a little larger convoys for English and French. Then, (being then v1.3 or earlier) if you (CP) sank 400 points worth of convoys the USA would likely go on the march to war. NOW the convoys are set to the max at 10 strength, yet it still only takes a 400 points loss of Entente convoys to set the USA on the march to war. Do you see what I mean? With the increase in convoy strengths there should have been an increase in the amount of convoy points lost to compensate for it, such as: Increase the amount of convoy point losses to say 500 or 600 points instead of 400 point losses. As it is CP can only sink 399 convoy points to avoid the USA from entering, yet there is a massive amount of convoy points that are now available to the Entente than originally when the 400 point loss was conceived.. Sorry I forgot the name of the event that triggers at 400 convoy losses, but I think you might know what I am talking about.
Robotron

Post by Robotron »

Yes, I perfectly understand what you mean. I'm changing convoy-loss requirements for the US to take action and other stuff to happen in my mod all the time. I also made the the requirements change from game to game to bring in an element of uncertainty. But I'm surprised to hear that convoys had variable strength points at some time. Very interesting indeed, I might re-introduce that feature for PotzBlitz.
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

Robotron,

Below is a list from the lua events file. First thing I noticed: Is that Turkey is not included in the list, but it's described surrender is posted below list. Secondly I don't see surrender results for any other nation other than those on the list. The reason I'm bringing this up is: I'm trying to find if there are any adverse results to allies of Romania, should Romania surrender. Do you have some perspective on this subject? :idea:
function TriggerSurrenderEvents(faction)

SurrenderFrance(faction)
SurrenderBritain(faction)
SurrenderUSA(faction)
SurrenderItaly(faction)
SurrenderAustria(faction)
SurrenderRussia(faction)
SurrenderGermany(faction)
SurrenderSerbia(faction)

end
Robotron

Post by Robotron »

Easy: if there is no specific SurrenderFunction for a nation than the surrender of that nation won't cause a loss of morale unless stated elsewhere (in case you're playing a mod).
In the vanilla game only the nations you listed will cause a morale loss to their remaining allies.
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

Hello Robotron,

Question: Can the February Revolution happen before Feb. 1917? Also, if Russia's NM is below 50 NM, what happens then, if anything? I'm not sure if a minimum of 50 NM is required for this to kick in. What if it is 60 NM?

February revolution
function FebruaryRevolution()
if GetEvent("FebruaryRevolution") == 0 and GetEvent("OctoberRevolution") ~= 0 then
if game.date.year >= 1917 then
local russia = game:GetFactionById(4)
if russia.morale < 50 then
SetEvent("FebruaryRevolution", game.turn)
ChangeFactionMorale(russia, 20)
end
end
end
end
nehi

Post by nehi »

operating wrote:Hello Robotron,

Question: Can the February Revolution happen before Feb. 1917? Also, if Russia's NM is below 50 NM, what happens then, if anything? I'm not sure if a minimum of 50 NM is required for this to kick in. What if it is 60 NM?

February revolution
if GetEvent("FebruaryRevolution") == 0 and GetEvent("OctoberRevolution") ~= 0 then
end
end
end
end
it looks it can happen anytime during 1917 when russian NM is below 50, then it drops NM to 20

now i understand, why once my russians surendered just in jan 1917, ferbruary revolution lowered it to 20 and october finished them... kinda gay
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

nehi wrote:
operating wrote:Hello Robotron,

February revolution
end
end
end
end
it looks it can happen anytime during 1917 when russian NM is below 50, then it drops NM to 20

now i understand, why once my russians surendered just in jan 1917, ferbruary revolution lowered it to 20 and october finished them... kinda gay
nehi, that (Russia, 20) is a positive +20 NM, it was altered in one of the version updates. The <50 then, is what I am wondering about? Can it occur at any time? Or, on the exact date implied? Some of these scripts I cannot interpret, not that I knew how, to begin with..
nehi

Post by nehi »

operating wrote: nehi, that (Russia, 20) is a positive +20 NM, it was altered in one of the version updates. The <50 then, is what I am wondering about? Can it occur at any time? Or, on the exact date implied? Some of these scripts I cannot interpret, not that I knew how, to begin with..
ok, but then i dont understand how it could happen :lol:

1917 just started and russia surrendered with 52% morale - robotron said its inaccurate showing, like +-20, but 52-20(inaccuracy)+20(february revolution), 52 anyway

(1916 scenario, fortunatelly cp were almost broken at that time, so i won, but it was very suddenly)

i dont remember i saw anytime february revolution, always just october, which fits with my previous statement

Return to “Commander - The Great War”