Commander: The Great War releases on iPad and Steam

PC/MAC : Commander the Great War is the latest release in the popular Commander series to bring the thrill, excitement and mind-breaking decision making of these difficult times to life.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Commander: The Great War releases on iPad and Steam

Post by lordzimoa »

Commanders, new fronts are opening up!
JULY 25TH, 2014

Commanders, new fronts are opening up!
Commander: The Great War releases on iPad and Steam today.

Epsom, UK, July 25, 2014

Acclaimed by the press – “Can’t recall enjoying a grand-strategic WWI title more” (Rock Paper Shotgun), “Accessible and well-documented, without sacrificing challenge or strategy” (Tacticular Cancer) – and rewarded by the community with the Digital Strategic Game of the Year 2012 title attributed by the Grogheads readers – Commander: The Great War is finally reaching new platforms with its releases on both the App Store and Steam.

In the iPad version of the game you will find all the elements that contributed to the success of the PC version, giving you a unique wargaming experience on your tablet. Creating such a complex wargame on a tablet device was a huge challenge and The Lordz Games Studio has been optimizing this gem for months so as not to sacrifice any feature from the game on PC.

The huge campaign map, 5 grand campaigns, unit customization, research and technology panels, realistic combat model, cross platform multiplayer and gameplay adapted to the touchscreen platform turns Commander: The Great War into the deepest World War I simulation on iPad.

And we should not forget our PC community!

We are glad to announce that the game is released on Steam as well. Faithful to our habits, we are also going to offer a free Steam key to anyone who has a copy of the PC game, wherever they bought it from, once the game is available on this digital platform! All they have to do is register their serial here and they will be able to redeem a free key to add the game to their Steam library!

Get more information on Commander: The Great War from its official Steam and iPad
colberki
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Commander: The Great War releases on iPad and Steam

Post by colberki »

Will there be a Mac release? FYI I did buy the iPad version today. Thanks
buyhevs
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

iPad 2 running iOS 8; if not, iOS vs PC over the internet?

Post by buyhevs »

Two questions:

1) I bought my first Ipad (a 1!) last year just so that I could start playing turn-based on-line games, starting with Shenandoah Studio's Battle of the Bulge; and as I planned to try the rest of the Crisis in Command series, I picked up an Ipad 2 (I'm a PC guy) so that I could run iOS 6. I see that Commander requires iOS 7; HOWEVER, of course, Apple would only allow me to upgrade to iOS (on an iPad 2!?!?). Anyone have experience getting The Great War on an iPad 2 running iOS 8?

2) If not, I'll just download it to one of my PC's; however, my friends will still be playing with iPads from this decade. ;^) I'm assuming, but just want confirmation, that it's possible to play a PC version of the game against an iOS version of the game via the Slitherine server.

Thanks in advance!

Matthew
JosephM
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by JosephM »

Hello Matthew,

We use an iPad 2 and 3 for internal testing in the office, and I personally did test the game when iOS 8 was first released so it should run with the latest version (although I have not personally tried). And yes, you can play PBEM against a PC when you are on the iPad version, and vice versa
buyhevs

Post by buyhevs »

That you Joe!

Return to “Commander - The Great War”