Any chances of a CEAW remake?

PC/MAC : Commander the Great War is the latest release in the popular Commander series to bring the thrill, excitement and mind-breaking decision making of these difficult times to life.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

borsook79
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Any chances of a CEAW remake?

Post by borsook79 »

CEAW was a very nice game, but it had some serious faults - a braindead AI, no weather system, UI quirks (e.g. plane range). Modders did their best to help fix it, but it is not completely possible. Seems that the new Commander engine is far superior, are there any chance of a remake of the old game with the new engine?
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw
lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Re: Any chances of a CEAW remake?

Post by lordzimoa »

CEAW2 is on our list... but no more info at this point. ;-)
borsook79

Post by borsook79 »

lordzimoa wrote:CEAW2 is on our list... but no more info at this point. ;-)
I'm so happy to hear that! Of course, take your time and I'll be hoping for a beta soon! When I saw your beginnings in modding Total War never did I expect so many wonderful turn based games :)
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw
JMass
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by JMass »

Ready to test it! :D
My boardgames collection: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/JMass?own=1&subtype=boardgame&ff=1
Roma Victrix!
colberki
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by colberki »

My cheque book is ready to buy! I am sure the CEAW GS playing community will be very happy to share our GS enhancements with Lordz developers to consider and take them further!
lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Post by lordzimoa »

CEAW2 is in production, but more news is for the future. We definitely want to involve the GS community in an Alpha stage, but we first want to complete the MAC and iOS Commander engine ports.
Cybvep
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Cybvep »

Sounds excellent :).
anguille
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by anguille »

This would be nice. On the other hand, i'd rather see this game covering the pacific theater.
Cybvep

Post by Cybvep »

That would be even better, but if the scope has to be limited in order to get the game right, then so be it. There is no worse thing than a game that tries to cover more theatres than it is really capable of.
Kalrat
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Kalrat »

Quote:"CEAW2 is in production, but more news is for the future"

Now is the future :) So any news?
Kalrat

Post by Kalrat »

Still waiting for the news for the CEAW remake :) And also the Pacific Theater would be really nice to see some day like anguille wrote also.
lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Post by lordzimoa »

This is still on our to-do list for sure, but we got overrun by the amount of projects last year and the porting of the new engine took much longer due to several reasons.

So yes, a WW2 new Commander game will come eventually, but first we have to finish some games that have priority.

If there are volunteers interested giving us a head-start on CEAW2, drop me a message or mail. :wink:
LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by LandMarine47 »

Do you guys have plans on expanding a into the Mac and iOS market with this game?
lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Post by lordzimoa »

Almost all our new and upcoming games are multi-platform targeted, hence the reason why we port the Commander engine to iOS, Mac, Windows Tablet and maybe Android this year.

So yes, next Commander/Panzer Corps games will be released multi-platform for sure.
borsook79

Post by borsook79 »

lordzimoa wrote:Almost all our new and upcoming games are multi-platform targeted, hence the reason why we port the Commander engine to iOS, Mac, Windows Tablet and maybe Android this year.

So yes, next Commander/Panzer Corps games will be released multi-platform for sure.
If so many platforms (and especially Android) how about Linux/SteamOS?
lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Post by lordzimoa »

Maybe, but first we have enough to cover at this point, we carefully way each platform if it is economical feasible to invest in. We are no front-runners, for that the stakes are too high, if SteamOS and Linux proof to be lucrative enough in the future, sure why not.

We just have no figures on hand, these platforms are, at this point in time at least, solid enough for us to invest time and money in.
borsook79

Post by borsook79 »

lordzimoa wrote:Maybe, but first we have enough to cover at this point, we carefully way each platform if it is economical feasible to invest in. We are no front-runners, for that the stakes are too high, if SteamOS and Linux proof to be lucrative enough in the future, sure why not.

We just have no figures on hand, these platforms are, at this point in time at least, solid enough for us to invest time and money in.
Talking about games, they are close to Mac. I'm not sure how lucrative that is, but only thought that if your technology is cross-platform then porting it to Linux shouldn't be that much work, hope you will consider it in the future.
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Great news !!! :D

I was a beta tester of GS & do love this game very much ! I would like to be beta tester of the new CEAW2.

Since there are a lots of GS fans in China , we'd like to help about a Chinese version .
DDave
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by DDave »

Great! This game is awesome and I prefer The Great War to CEAW. But WW2 is the more interesting battle, so CEAW2 would be much appreciated! :)
kaisersoser
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by kaisersoser »

Excellent!

Return to “Commander - The Great War”