LACK of DEV Support on so many Games Sold here

Moderator: Slitherine Core

AP514
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

LACK of DEV Support on so many Games Sold here

Post by AP514 »

I do not know what is in the contracts of these Dev's that sell their games here..
But it really seems a lot just do a fast patch right after the game goes live (maybe required) and then DEAD SILENCE..never to be heard from again.
You never see anyone even reply on the forums.....

I understand if the DEV did not make any money on the game then why spend time Fixing Bugs or Game Balance.
This is a sad state and IMO really makes Matrix/Slitherine look bad.

So why is it this way ?
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: LACK of DEV Support on so many Games Sold here

Post by zakblood »

all forums and comments get seen, and most if there is anything to say get replied to, if you can point to a given question or topic that hasn't been, then i'll pass it on, or reply my self if i can or have the information etc
AP514
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by AP514 »

Support for the Balance in Carrier Deck (Survival)..Posted troubles from last September..others have same problem..NO REPLY
Support for Check Your 6..from the post that one is so Unfinished/buggy that I did not purchase it.

Each one of these games had a Quick patch or 2 right after release then No Support After.....
Tamas
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Tamas »

We are the publisher of these games and we cannot actually step in and work on them in stead of the developers. There are a lot of reasons that can cause delays or the lack of fixes. We always try to avoid these, and no developer wants to cause aggrevation, but at the end of the day, the publisher is as much dependendant on the developers as the customers are.
U235
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by U235 »

Perhaps an abandonment clause in the contract that would open the games code up to fans and modders after a certain period of time or lack of intent on the part of the developer (uncompleted features or game play). If that fails, maybe Sitherine/Matrix should consider taking the title off sale. It isn't fair to customers to advertise games that are incomplete and won't ever be. I know you want to recoup your investment, but think of your reputation. The customer shouldn't have to "Check their six" if you know what I mean.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

I understand your frustration but to be fair to the team they did support it for a significant time after release. Some games do get more support, especially if they are big games with long lasting appeal but games like Carrier Deck have a shorter life span and the team that built it no longer exists so its not really possible for them to support it. Every single soldier took on developers on a per project basis and then let them go so each game is a new team and this does result in difficulty with older titles. Where we can we support games for a long time after release but it isn't always possible.
matt3916
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by matt3916 »

How about Sovereignty: Crown of Kings? You should be ashamed of yourselves for selling this in the state it's in.

Return to “General Discussion”