IOS

Moderator: Slitherine Core

panzer1988
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

IOS

Post by panzer1988 »

Hello is there any upcoming IPad games on there way? Hopefully Panzer Corps 2 will come to the IPad eventually. There doesn’t seem to be a lot of iOS games out at the moment on here.
DonCzirr
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Re: IOS

Post by DonCzirr »

(From a previous conversation on these forums):

*************************************************************************************************************************

Re: Will iOS 64 Bit Support come for iOS 11?

Postby IainMcNeil » 30 Jun 2017 11:25

DonCzirr wrote:
"Significant" games such as Commander the Great War, BA2, P&S dying off on the platform - being replaced with cartoonish card games and lighter simulations (Carrier Deck).

The reason we don't bring more of these type of games to iOS is they don't sell. When BA first released we thought iOS would be a great new platform for strategy games and we outsold PC 10 to 1. We brought a range of other games across but BA was a blip and nothing repeated its success and the cost to make iOS games is just not worth the sales. The platform has transition to almost entirely free to play. Look at the charts and you'll see the number of paid games in the top 100 is very low.

The throw in the curve balls Apple throws you that are entirely out of your control and it just doesn't currently make sense.

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Unfortunate .... but true .... and to a certain degree, I don't blame them as Apple is horrible on these things. On Windows, I can still play the 1998 version of Chaos Gate from GOG. It may take some fiddling but I can still do it.

On the other hand - there are some significant IOS strategy game success stories out there such as XCOM, Wars and Battles Normandy and Battle Fleet 2. So the market is not exactly dead.

Right now - the only war / strategy items I see now and on the horizon don't come from Slitherine:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/4003 ... d_Assault/

In addition to this - HexWar is coming out with Command and Colors Ancients - so if you missed FOG on iPAD - there may be a little satisfaction there.

They are also coming out with a new Armored warfare engine in a few months which is supposed to be a lot better than the "Tank Battle" series.

With that being said, I would be all for PC 2, Check Your Six, March to Glory etc making it to IOS - but given the current mood and their re-focus to console, I would not get my hopes up.
Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern !

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032812112896
JagdTiger700
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by JagdTiger700 »

If slitherine could contact Avalon Hill/Hasbro and find out if slitherine can create a tablet version of axis and allies "Battle of the Bulge" and "D-Day" or axis and allies "Zombies" these game may possibly sell well and then if it does make a "Panzer Corps 2"version.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

This is why we are not investing in iOS.

https://twitter.com/Iain_Slitherine/sta ... 7409331200

The game has been out for 9 months, has DLC just released and been updated dozens of times.
CarlVS
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by CarlVS »

IainMcNeil wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:26 pm This is why we are not investing in iOS.

https://twitter.com/Iain_Slitherine/sta ... 7409331200

The game has been out for 9 months, has DLC just released and been updated dozens of times.
First the "32-bit Appocalypse," now this?!?!?

I don't blame your company for not wanting to dance to Apple's tune anymore, ESPECIALLY since (as I have stated in another discussion) I had no problems playing most of the same games on a used Surface Pro 3...
DonCzirr

Post by DonCzirr »

Or play on Android tablet via Steam as I mentioned above.

I was just playing Strategic Command on a Samsung tablet from my couch - quite nice.

IOS is mostly dead in terms of serious War Gaming. It's a shame too - since the OS (in terms of game play) is quite nice for significant war games like Commander The Great War.

The techies just need to overthrow the evil Apple Management at the top and issue in a new era of ethical policies ....

JagdTiger700
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by JagdTiger700 »

"The techies just need to overthrow the evil Apple Management at the top and issue in a new era of ethical policies"

That would mean the CEO and the board members.
DonCzirr

Post by DonCzirr »

JagdTiger700 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:50 pm "The techies just need to overthrow the evil Apple Management at the top and issue in a new era of ethical policies"

That would mean the CEO and the board members.
Well ... one can dream :D

Anyways .... as I mentioned, high level, professional war games of the BA2 and CTGW seem to be a thing of he past with IOS. So be it.

I still keep my 2017 iPAD and use it for playing Baldur's Gate etc ...

For mobile war games, I will continue my endorsement of Steam via Android.

Playing Pride of Nations, Commander the Great War and Strategic Command on a tablet on the couch has proven to be quite enjoyable.

It takes a little initial fussing to get the control templates configured for each game but after that, it is smooth sailing ....

Return to “General Discussion”