Support For FOG 1, Still around?

Moderator: Slitherine Core

AlexDetrojan
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Support For FOG 1, Still around?

Post by AlexDetrojan »

Didn't know where to post this, in FOG 1, FOG II, or here. At any rate, I was wondering if there are any admins,techs or whatnot still keeping an eye on FOG 1 in these forums? It seems that most everybody has migrated to FOG II, and rightfully so, yet myself and I assume quite a few others still play FOG 1. I am talking about the original FOG 1 not the Unity travesty. There are a lot of issues that were left unresolved in the original, and I thought I could discuss with someone who was either the developer of the game, or someone left in charge of oversight. I understand companies move on to newer products and that making money is the modus vivendi of all endeavors. Yet I wish to discuss some niggling issues that still plague FOG 1 and could hopefully be rectified if time on your side permitted, and it cost you no extra money.
If you could give me a shout on these forums, it would greatly be appreciated.
Cheers
Alex
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Support For FOG 1, Still around?

Post by zakblood »

always

as in all forums are monitored etc, regarding support, and tech issues, if it's about something else, then maybe full staff support would be better

support[at]slitherine.co.uk
AlexDetrojan

Post by AlexDetrojan »

Thanks for the quick reply. First off, just wanted to say, what a gem the original FOG 1 is/was. Countless hours of enjoyment. There are niggling issues with the game that if rectified would be great, but truthfully I can't expect work on them at this late date. That being said, the biggest issue/fix is the maps. The only thing I really enjoyed about the Unity version was the robust map system. So here's my question: can the map system from Unity be ported to FOG 1 without cost and/or technical difficulty? Failing that, am I able somehow to create my own maps and somehow import them into the map system? Understand I'm not that 'techie' of a guy so my abilities will be limited.
Again, thanks in advance.
Cheers Alex
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

no idea on this question, but would guess not, as if it could have been done, it would have been, and as everything now days has a cost to it, i wouldn't have though the time spent would have been worth it, but hopefully someone with more knowledge will see and reply and give some or more details on the details etc
SnuggleBunnies
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

Not that this is super helpful for you but the devs for fog2 are not the same as the devs for fog1.
SnuggleBunny's Field of Glory II / Medieval / Pike and Shot / Sengoku Jidai MP Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjUQy6dEqR53NwoGgjxixLg

Return to “General Discussion”