trying to pm a MP player

Moderator: Slitherine Core

operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

trying to pm a MP player

Post by operating »

I've tried to find my new MP opponent in a CTGW match, but cannot locate/pm them on either Matrix or Slitherine forums. At the end of my turn (1) the MP match CTDs (several times). I have the most current update V1.66, however I would like to get a message to my opponent to check and see if they are updated to v1.66, for I feel he has v1.60 or less. Where I am hosting, both players should have the same version. Can anybody or a moderator help in finding a member?

Thank you..
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: trying to pm a MP player

Post by zakblood »

you'd need a staff one, one with the correct access, something i haven't got or i'd give it a go
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

Do you mean: Go to Tech Support?
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

I'm sorry but we don't contact players on behalf of other players.
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

Just completed a turn with another player and it went OK..

But this other game with a new player just keeps on crashing at turn's end, so to me, he has to have a different game version, or at least a possibility. Hate to surrender the match without my opponent knowing why.. :(

Also do not understand why I cannot pm him at the Slitherine membership listing, where it's a Slitherine server being used? If I am not mistaken: You have to be a Slitherine member in order to use a Slitherine server... :?
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

operating wrote:
But this other game with a new player just keeps on crashing at turn's end, so to me, he has to have a different game version, or at least a possibility.
If he had a different version I believe he couldn't even play. PBEM++ system usually don't allow players playing multiplayer games without having the game last version installed.
operating wrote: Also do not understand why I cannot pm him at the Slitherine membership listing, where it's a Slitherine server being used? If I am not mistaken: You have to be a Slitherine member in order to use a Slitherine server... :?
That's right, it's the same Slitherine forum username.
Have you found his username in the Member's list?
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/memberlist.php

Regarding your game issue, maybe the problem is related with the server glitches we have experienced during the weekend. It's possible that the last save is corrupted.
We could restore the game back to the previous turn.
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

I'll give the match another go to see if it is viable, if not I'll check out the site you suggested, if that does not result in a connection, I'll get back in touch with you. Thanks..
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

FYI The turn still CTD.. However found that I had made a spelling mistake :oops: in opponent's name, once corrected was able to send a pm. Waiting for a response, hopefully we can reset the match ourselves. Again Thank you... :)
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

VPaulus

Yes , found another new match (created Friday night or sometime Saturday) that was also corrupted the same as above. :( I will try to pm that opponent also..
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

Man, this is starting to get real annoying!!! Now have a third match that is CTD... :x
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

Update:

1. Slitherine's server has been fixed as of yesterday morning, now able to proceed in MP matches.

2. I had made a spelling error with member's name :oops: , now able to pm opponent.. :)

Return to “General Discussion”