The move to Mobile (pads) is dissapointing

Moderator: Slitherine Core

ClaytonRoss
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

The move to Mobile (pads) is dissapointing

Post by ClaytonRoss »

I really don't like playing games on my Ipad. I have Battle Academy for PC and Ipad and let me say I cant play on the Ipad for more then a few minutes because its awkward to hold and gives me a stiff neck. What concerns me is that Slitherine seems to be developing games that will work on mobile first. I understand this from a sales point of view but I think the pc gamer suffers because of this. Maybe its just me because I'm an old guy, but playing on the Ipad is very uncomfortable.
You really cant take advantage of the power of the PC if you have to limit your game to work on a pad.
Just my .02
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: The move to Mobile (pads) is dissapointing

Post by zakblood »

it not only for pads, its a choice to include another format so for better and wider choice for makers and users :wink:
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

We very seldom develop games for mobile first. Having mobile versions of the games just gives people more ways to play - it doesn't hurt the PC versions.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
NumberOneBSUFan
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by NumberOneBSUFan »

Personally I love that Slitherine is bringing its games to iPad. I have only bought their games for my iPad, I own no PC versions of any of their games. Their is general lack of good strategy games on the App Store but Slitherime is doing a fine job filling that void. Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing what you will release on mobile this year :D !
Mockingbird
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Mockingbird »

Sorry about your experience on the iPad. I'd just like to say that is the only platform I play on any more and think it is great.

I'm not that young any more and I know my wife appreciates me being around and not just holed up in a room playing on the PC. It's a fine way to play games and still interact with those around you.

Please keep those games coming, but not so much the ones that don't require a lot of thinking. Looking forward to Chariots of War this year if it is still in Slitherines plans.
MrsWargamer
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by MrsWargamer »

Well A. my laptop is a PC, and B, my tablets are as powerful as a PC, so really the notion that a game has to be inferior to be put on a tablet, is just PC nonsense.

Anything and I DO mean anything your PC can do, my tablet can do as well. And yes, that includes run War in the East.

And should I wish it, my tablet can send the signal to the TV just fine, so you don't get to use the screen size defense. Sorry, but your PCs are not that awesome any more.
I CAN be reached
email me at sukunai.ni.yori@hotmail.com
JosephM
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by JosephM »

Hello all,

Personally I find I get a strange version of vertigo when I use a tablet too much, yet I don't find it happens with my Phablet. As Pip says, we have no intention of removing the PC games and are moving more towards multiplatform games, which allows us to also get cross-platform multiplayer across a number of devices.

Regarding Chariots of War, this is more a personal project for Pip, so although I'm sure he is working on it we don't have a release date yet.
ClaytonRoss

Post by ClaytonRoss »

MrsWargamer wrote:Well A. my laptop is a PC, and B, my tablets are as powerful as a PC, so really the notion that a game has to be inferior to be put on a tablet, is just PC nonsense.

Anything and I DO mean anything your PC can do, my tablet can do as well. And yes, that includes run War in the East.

And should I wish it, my tablet can send the signal to the TV just fine, so you don't get to use the screen size defense. Sorry, but your PCs are not that awesome any more.
Wow you must have one crappy PC ha ha
If you think a tablet is as powerful as my PC then I have ocean front property in Arizona to sell you. :)
k1221n
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by k1221n »

Agreed Ipad is all I use for almost everything now, including gaming. The pc sits gathering dust now.

quote="Mockingbird"]Sorry about your experience on the iPad. I'd just like to say that is the only platform I play on any more and think it is great.

I'm not that young any more and I know my wife appreciates me being around and not just holed up in a room playing on the PC. It's a fine way to play games and still interact with those around you.

Please keep those games coming, but not so much the ones that don't require a lot of thinking. Looking forward to Chariots of War this year if it is still in Slitherines plans.[/quote]

Return to “General Discussion”