Best Slitherine Game For MP?

Moderator: Slitherine Core

coolhandlewke
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Best Slitherine Game For MP?

Post by coolhandlewke »

title says it all. i am currently loving the mp in Order of Battle WWII. it is pretty limited though in maps and player base. of all the slitherine games with similar mp which are the most beloved, and most active? thanks
BiteNibbleChomp
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Re: Best Slitherine Game For MP?

Post by BiteNibbleChomp »

Panzer Corps is probably the one with most players and most maps.

- BNC
Ryan O'Shea - Developer - Strategic Command American Civil War
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Post by goose_2 »

BiteNibbleChomp wrote:Panzer Corps is probably the one with most players and most maps.

- BNC

Agreed
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
coolhandlewke
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by coolhandlewke »

I was looking at your tourney thread. that's what i'm talking about! I assume it uses pbem as well?
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

coolhandlewke wrote:I was looking at your tourney thread. that's what i'm talking about! I assume it uses pbem as well?
I assume you are talking about these 2 threads:

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 21&t=71476

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 21&t=69735

These are tournaments I set up for multiplayer, and would love ideas for another Tournament, because I have some ideas, but am always open to any ideas.
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
coolhandlewke
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by coolhandlewke »

there are 3 basic kinds of tourneys that i am aware of. the seeded style, as used in tennis and major league team sports. this is a clean and quick method, but seeding the players can be tough without a track record to go by.
the round robin method is always fun. similar to the world cup, except preliminary matches aren't limited to a group stage. everyone plays one or two matches against everyone else. the best 4 (or 8 in a massive tourney) point totals are seeded and then play off for the title. this game is particularly good for that method, as you could play all of you prelim matches at the same time.

the last is one i've only seen employed in the college world series. it's double elimination. everyone plays a random team to start. then a winners bracket and losers bracket are formed. the winners side is simple. say for instance an eight team tourney you would need to win 3 straight to survive. you would then be guaranteed a spot in the final. the losers side is more complicated. losers play each other to avoid that 2nd loss, and teams falling out of the winners side join in to make it a real grind to get through. this is a fun option, but it needs to be well thought out in advance to keep the schedule straight. after a winner of the losers bracket is determined the two survivors would play a best of three series for the championship. the drawback to this method is you can't start a match until the proceeding one is finished. it would be easy to be bogged down by slow players. even though it is far less games than round robin it would probably take twice as long to finish.
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

For a head to head MP game try Commander the Great War (CTGW)...

Return to “General Discussion”